Wood Badge is the BSA’s premiere leadership training for adults.
It provides six days of hands-on experience in the theory & practice, of skills appropriate for leading others, both within Scouting and in environments beyond the BSA.
Wood Badge is designed to deliver immediate value to leaders involved throughout the Scouting Program.
Your course will be facilitated by the best of the best. Proven leaders and experienced trainers, your staff will consist of men and women from all parts of scouting and from all walks of life. They are a diverse group of seasoned scouters.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you will receive your certificate and Wood Badge beads, neckerchief and woggle.
The Wood Badge experience has served as a source of inspiration and a practical guide to tens of thousands, who have earned their beads.
Who can attend?
To attend a Wood Badge course, you must:
1. Be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. (Youth 18 and older may attend as long as the appropriate Youth Protection guidelines are followed. They do not need to be registered in an adult leadership role.)
2. Have completed the basic training courses for your Scouting position. Required Training by position.
3. Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record form (available at www.scouting.org). Parts A, B, and C are required. Based on the stresses of the course, part C should always be used.
2019 LaSalle Council Wood Badge Course
Each of the two weekends begins Friday morning with arrival at 7:00 AM and finishes Sunday evening at 5:00 PM. Attendance at both weekends is required.
- Weekend #1 April 5-7, 2019 at Wood Lake Scout Reservation (Camp Tamarack) you will be staying in cabins
- Weekend #2 May 17-19, 2019 at Camp Topenebee you will be tent camping and cooking your meals as a patrol
This includes camp fees, meals, course materials and Wood Badge recognition items.
Information available soon
View Information from 2016 Wood Badge Course
|District Commisioner||Randy Yoho||(574) 276-7254|