Scouts BSA Summer Camp
Attention all Campers and Camp Staff over 21!
On Thursday April 29, 2021 the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) informed the LaSalle Council that all persons over the age of 21 that are attending any of our Resident Camps for the 2021 camping season are required to submit a new DHS Registry Clearance Request, no matter which state you live in
Specifically, these persons are required to provide their camps with a new DHS Clearance Letter upon their arrival to camp. To expedite the process for processing, email the completed form directly to the state at the below email address. Please do not turn this into the Council Office.
- Complete the form, list in “Section II Results Section” your personal email. Once you receive your results, Print out and bring with you to camp.
Here is the form: Michigan Background Check Document
Here is the email address you submit the completed background check to:
COVID-19 PROCEDURES UPDATE as of June 3, 2021
As we approach the final week before the start of the highly anticipated start of the summer camping season, we wanted to give you the final update on Covid-19 mitigation procedures as they relate to camp.
Sunday Check-In Procedure
All scouts and leaders will still be required to bring their completed “Pre-Arrival Health Checklist”,which is available in the forms section on this page, to camp along with their medical form and any medications as usual. All campers and leaders will undergo a temperature check when they arrive in camp.
Use of Masks in Camp
All campers, adults, and staff will be asked to continue the wearing of masks in the dining hall when not actively eating, at camp-wide fire bowls, and in the trading post. Unit leaders have the discretion to have unit members to require masks while in the campsite if social distancing cannot be maintained. Also campers should be prepared to wear masks while in program areas unless the staff member(s) present decide that social distancing can be maintained during the program activities. Masks will not be required for campers, leaders, and staff while walking on the roads and trails in camp.
Normal flag ceremonies will take place at the main parade field in the morning and evening as usual. All will be welcome to attend. Masks may be needed if social distancing cannot be maintained.
Camp Wide Fire Bowls
A limited number of camp fire bowls are being planned. The use of masks may be required depending on the attendance size of the week you are attending.
Dining Hall Services
All meals will be served in the dining hall as normal. The number of persons at a table will vary week to week depending on attendance size. We ask that you wear your mask when in the dining hall not actively engaged in eating.
The Trading Post will function normally except there may be restrictions on the number of persons let in the store at one time. Once again we ask that you wear a mask while in the Trading Post.
The shower house will be open throughout the day.
Visitors are welcome to come up for the Friday Night Steak Fry. However if you will be having guests for dinner, they will need to eat in your campsite.
Changes to the Schedule as of May 20, 2021
- Removed merit badges:
- Small Boat Sailing: Due to the depths of Wood Lake and the size of our boats, we do not feel that we can offer this badge without potentially doing significant damage to our existing watercraft. We will re-offer the badge when we are able to use equipment better suited for Wood Lake.
- Fly Fishing: The shoreline of Wood Lake is not suited for fly fishing at this time. The camp also does not possess the equipment to offer this badge.
- Fish and Wildlife Management: The requirements for this badge simply do not lend themselves to a short-term (one week) classroom setting. With the requirement demands, this is better done outside camp.
- Energy: Due to the demands of the requirements, scouts that enroll in this badge are unlikely to receive it, with the need for substantive time commitments for the Energy Audit.
- Insect Study: At camp, we do not have the equipment to facilitate the collection and processing of specimens on site.
- Exploration: because of the requirements for planning and executing and expedition, we cannot safely conduct the badge with the facilities we have at present.
- Hiking and Backpacking: while offered in the past, the majority of this badge comes down to significant hikes which have to be done off site and along public (and often busy) roads. With reduced staffing for 2021, we feel that it is in the best interest of safety to remove these two badges.
- Public Health: due to the heavy emphasis on site visitations for this badge, it is unlikely scouts enrolled in these badges will be able to complete the badge. For this reason, we have struck the badge.
- Painting: This merit badge requires extensive painting projects to be completed, which our ranger staff do not have the time to support in addition to their day-to-day operations.
- Added Sessions
- Mammal Study: Now offered four times per week.
- Reptile and Amphibian Study: Now offered twice per week.
- Geology: Now offered twice per week.
- Pulp and Paper: Now offered twice per week.
- Camping: Now offered twice per week.
- First Aid: Now offered twice per week.
- Emergency Prep: Now offered twice per week.
- Swimming: Additional afternoon session offered from 4-5PM.
- Art: Now offered four times per week.
Yours in Scouting,
Jason Emmons, Camp Director
Colin Barnes, Camp Commissioner,
Patrick Monaghan, Program Director
2021 Camp Weeks and Fees!
Week One June 13 – June 19
Week Two June 20 – June 26
Week Three June 27 – July 3
Week Four July 4 – July 10
Week Five July 11 – July 17
Scouts Camp fees: If paid by May 14, 2021 (Early Bird) $295.00
Camp fees if paid after May 14, 2021 $335.00
Adults Per Full-time leader per session (A leader fee can be shared by more than one leader attending for less than the full week)
$115.00 Campsite Fee Reservation fee covers one leader fee $115.00
Important Dates to remeber regarding Summer Camp:
May 14, 2021 End of Early Bird Pricing.
Finalize T-shirt Order 2 weeks before you arrive.
Head Cook Notification about food allergies 2 weeks before you arrive.
Before you arrive at camp, finalize Online Scout Schedules Submit online registrations.
LaSalle Council, Boy Scouts of America Refunds Policy for Camping/ Activities/ Training events
Registration fees can be transferred to another person attending with the same unit for the same event in the same year without any financial penalty. In the case of registration fees that have been paid and are not being transferred as above, 50% of the individual registration fee is considered non-refundable. A refund for the remaining 50% of the registration fee will be processed if a written request or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is received by the Program Administrative Assistant at the service center at least two weeks prior to the start date of your camp week, activity, or event. After that, refunds of the nonrefundable portion will be considered only for hardship and emergency cases on an individual basis.
Are you interested in working at Scouts BSA Summer Camp? We are hiring over 40+ positions this summer!
Make sure your entire unit has up to date health forms. To view and download the forms, please click on the link above.
In order to safeguard the health of both campers and staff, all campers (youth and adult), staff, and guests attending the weekend camping experiences will be required to complete and bring the "Council/District Activities Pre-Arrival Health Checklist" to camp. This form can be accessed below in the files. Please complete this form along with sections A and B of the standard BSA Health Form.
2022 Week 1 June 12, 2022 to June 18
2022 Week 2 June 19, 2022 to June 25
2022 Week 3 June 26, 2022 to July 02
2022 Week 4 July 03, 2022 to July 09
2022 Week 5 July 10, 2022 to July 16
|2021 Scouts BSA Leader Guide FINAL||Download|
|2021 Scouts BSA Summer Camp Merit Badge Schedule||Download|
|BSA Health Form | 11-06-20||Download|
|Campership Application||submit to Sarah Carpenter | email@example.com||Download|
|Council Refund Policy||Download|
|How to register for events||Download|
|Merit Badge Class Times||Schedule "cheat sheet"||Download|
|Michigan Background Check Form||Submit to LARA-BCHSAFCCampclearance@michigan.gov||Download|
|Scouts BSA Summer Camp Flyer||Download|
|Sleeping Quarters Recommendations||Download|
|Summer Camps - Passport to Adventure Packet||Download|