Potawatomi Klondike Derby 2017
Presented by Troop 338
Registration Deadline Extended to Friday, Jan. 13! Register below.
Saturday, January 14th, 2017 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM CT
Camping will be available Friday through Sunday. Contact Sarah Carpenter to make reservations at email@example.com or (574) 289-0337 x 302.
0377 N. Holmsville Rd.
Michigan City, IN 46360
Troops attending will have to have a sled to haul their gear during the day and to participate in the race at the conclusion of the event. Each Unit/Troop brings enough ingredients to make enough chili for their number of scouts and leaders. The Leaders will be having a cook off contest before and this will be served for the lunch meal to all of the Klondike participants. For those attempting to achieve the Polar Bear award, (weather permitting) we'll set up some serving tables outside.
Supplies to be carried on the sleds for the stations are:
First aid kit, plastic trash bags, two 8' x 10' tarps, writing supplies, water bottles for each scout, 2 gallons of potable water, rope, a mess kit, a troop tent, a patrol flag, a scout handbook, flint and steel, three 6 ft. poles, spatula, compass, and natural fire starters and fire wood.
Troops should also be prepared to show their best patrol spirit, including patrol yells, chants, flags, ect.... Any lack of supplies will result in points reduction.
- Sleds will need to be made of all natural materials.
- Only wood and natural rope may be used. no nails, screws, metal fasteners, wheels or synthetic materials allowed.
- The sled dimensions are 2 ft. wide and 5 ft. long at minimum. the sled may be larger though.
- The sled must be able to carry all of the gear listed in the supply flyer and a scout.
- After the day's events the patrols will participate in the Great Topenebee Sled Race to find the fastest and hardiest sled of them all!
$6.00 per person
No refunds will be given for this event.
Contact Terry Malstaff or Eric Fritzen for any event questions. Contact information listed below.
Contact Sarah Carpenter for any online event registration or camping reservation questions. Contact information listed below.
|Polar Bear Award Form||Download|
|Potawatomi District 65th Annual Klondike Derby 2017 Flyer||Download|
|Refund Policy 2017||Download|