COVID-19: Philmont's Response
Philmont Scout Ranch Update: June 4th
It is with great disappointment that Philmont Scout Ranch announces the cancelation of all remaining programs for the 2020 summer season. Due to the Governor’s COVID-19 guidelines, and the State of New Mexico Health Department’s restrictions regarding travel, our efforts to secure a portion of the summer season were denied.
The safety of our participants, staff, and community has been and will remain our top priority. The Philmont staff were relentless in pursuing all options and will continue to assist participants as they navigate their options.
- The Reservation Contact and Lead Advisor for each crew were emailed a survey to complete after consulting with their crew.
- Philmont will waive the adult to youth ratio (if YPT guidelines are met) to accommodate Scouts who will “age out” by the time they are rescheduled through 2022.
- Philmont Training Center, Family Adventure Camp Participants, and NAYLE participants will receive a call next week (June 8-12) to discuss rescheduling options or refunds.
- Individual Trek Participants were emailed a survey to complete.
- Staff have received communication from the Seasonal Personnel office.
By completing the survey, the Philmont registrars will receive and prioritize preferences. Priority in response from Philmont will be given to crews who wish to transfer to another High Adventure Base for Summer 2020. We anticipate the rescheduling of Philmont reservations to either 2021 or 2022 to last through June. Refunds will be issued within 10-12 weeks.
Philmont will continue to pursue more programming opportunities as the New Mexico State Health Department guidelines allow. We look forward to seeing you on the trail in the coming Autumn, Winter, or a future Summer season. Check the Philmont website for late summer/early fall program opportunities.
Philmont Scout Ranch is committed to Delivering Wilderness Adventures that Last a Lifetime.