National Youth Leadership Training - July 8 - 14, 2018
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members with leadership skills and experiences they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
NYLT is a six-and-a-half-day course. Content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts and work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster.
Scoutmasters have the responsibility of training the youth leadership of the troop. The purpose of NYLT is not to assume that role, but to support it. Some of the objectives are: to focus on the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he must KNOW, and what he must DO; to emphasize immediate application of learning in a fun environment; to model a month in the life of the "ideal" troop; to provide youth with a toolbox of leadership skills consisting of key course concepts; to operate in alignment with the Scout Oath and Law; and to have fun!
- Be at least 13 years old by the first day of the course.
- Scouts in a troop must hold the rank of First Class. (No rank applies for crew members or ship mates)
- Currently hold, or plan to soon hold, a leadership position in a troop, crew, or ship.
- Recommended that the candidate completes Introduction to Leadership Skills (ILST) prior to attending the NYLT course.
- $50.00 non-refundable deposit due upon registration
- $250.00 balance due by June 23, 2018
- Total course fee: $300.00, full payent is due at registration if registering after May 30, 2018
All NYLT participants and staff must turn-in a copy of the BSA Health Form, parts A, B and C, along with medications and copies of insurance cards at check-in at Camp
Campership Applications Due by APRIL 6, 2018
|2018 Campership Application||Submit to Sarah Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org||Download|
|Fact Sheet NYLT 2018||Download|
|NYLT 2018 Personal Equipment List||Download|
|NYLT 2018 Tri-fold Flyer||Download|
|NYLT Flyer 2018||Download|